Skip to main content

Department of Defense Uses New Strategy to Evoke Confessions from Enemy Detainees

The Obama Administration has come up with new guidelines for the treatment of enemy combatants and detainees after stumbling across an unusual method that has proved quite effecting in eliciting confessions from prisoners. The method: prolonged exposure to contemporary Christian worship music. After the various methods used at Abu Ghraib gained public attention followed by the purported use of “enhanced interrogation techniques” that lead to the killing of Osama Bin Laden, the Department of Defense researched kinder, gentler alternative approaches to replace highly effective methods such as waterboarding, electric shocks, and sleep deprivation. Preliminary results with Christian worship music have been encouraging. A Department of Defense official who spoke on the condition of anonymity said the U.S. is pleased with the new method because it is considered humane, yet 90% of detainees offer full confessions within a few hours of the new form of “torture.” “Most of the techniques in the past were controversial, even when effective. But we find most Muslim detainees, within three hours, are curled up in a fetal position, screaming 'No more, no more!' when we play the Christian worship music. It is utterly amazing,” the official said.

In the past, the U.S. Military had often used Rock music to attempt to force enemies to surrender, but only succeeded once, causing General Manuel Noriega of Panama to emerge from his compound with his hands in the air crying after hearing Twisted Sister's “We're Not Gonna Take It” played 129 consecutive times. Yet, Christian worship music has been far more effective than Rock music was.“Besides, we have not heard as much wailing and howling even using electric shocks as we have had with the Christian music,” said an anonymous high-level CIA operative with knowledge of interrogation techniques.

Military support staff also require the detainees to stand up during the entire time the Christian worship songs are playing, just as is done in American Christian worship services. “We also tried giving the detainees hymnbooks, but the effect just wasn't the same. In fact, most detainees seemed to enjoy singing hymns. But when we took the hymnbooks away and played only Christian worship songs with the words displayed on PowerPoint slides, they immediately became agitated. Many of the men even fell on the floor facing Mecca and prayed to Allah to bring back the 'little books' as they called them,” said Staff Sergeant Winston Combs, who just recently finished a tour at Guantanamo Bay. “But we would just tap them with the poles of our “Lion of Judah” banners to have them get up again. They would scream and say, 'Please stop!' I couldn't believe it.”

An official announcement from the Obama administration is expected soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Go of Parcels

Today, I am feeling “off” in an “everything is fine but I still don’t feel right kind of way.” It went on for a few days until I finally became so desperate that I needed to go and sit on a boulder next to the constant roar of the swooshing brook at Flat Rock Brook Nature Center. I'm trying to let the sounds of the water drown out all of the oppressive thoughts in my head. Sometimes it takes a while. This is the view of where I station myself, and I think the video captures the sound. (I know some people use this kind of soundscape for sleeping, but I use it today to combat oppressive thoughts.) However, one unoppressive thought is conflicting with the rest in my head, a quote I used in the class I'm teaching this semester: “A man whose hands are full of parcels cannot receive a gift. " C. S. Lewis Lewis said this about spiritual dryness, and I guess this is a good description of where I am right now: spiritually dry. And my hands are full of parcels, which resonates wi

My First Book Has Now Been Published

My first book,  Touching Other Worlds: A Collection of Poems , has now been published. This collection of poems was primarily inspired by my visits to Flat Rock Brook Nature Center in Englewood, New Jersey and a two-month special assignment for UPS commuting to New York City. (You can get a lot of writing done while riding a bus to and from New York City.) It is available online through Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  Click here to print version of Touching Other Worlds on Amazon Click here to Amazon Kindle version of Touching Other Worlds on Amazon Click here to see Touching Other Worlds at Barnes and Noble Click here to LIKE Touching Other Worlds on Facebook

I Heard the Voice of Robert Plant Say, “Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down”

The other day, as I prepared for my 30-minute commute to my office, I let Spotify pick a playlist for me and off I went to work. You may remember in recent years, I commuted in an older car , a 2002 Mercury Sable with a few quirks that made life interesting. But now I have a 2016 Honda Accord with Bluetooth. It starts all of the time, doesn’t break down and require towing, and this means I have to look for other forms of excitement while commuting. This newer car also meant my music went from cassettes/CDs to Spotify Bluetooth in a remarkably short time, so I’m sticking my hand deep into the musical candy jar each day with Spotify (yes, I heard about it from my children). On this chilly April morning, a few songs into my Daily Mix 1 playlist, Robert Plant , the former lead singer of Led Zeppelin , came on singing the lyric, “Satan, your kingdom must come down . . . Satan, your kingdom must come down . . . I heard the voice of Jesus say, Satan, your kingdom must come down.” I had list